Table of Contents
- Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana – An Overview
- Krushi Sahay Yojana – Benefits
- Krushi Sahay Yojana – Eligibility
- Creating the Beneficiary List
- Relief Disbursement Procedure
- Documents required for Krushi Sahay Yojana
- How to Apply for Krushi Sahay Yojana
- Customer Care Number
- Challenges and Future Prospects
Agriculture is the backbone of the Indian economy, providing livelihoods to millions of farmers and contributing significantly to the country’s GDP. However, farmers often face numerous challenges, including unpredictable weather conditions, crop failure, and financial constraints.
To address these issues and support the farming community, the government of Gujarat introduced the Gujarat Krushi Sahay Yojana, also known as the Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana (MKSY).
Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana – An Overview
The Krushi Sahay Yojana is a major farming scheme initiated by the Gujarat government. Its main goal is to provide financial aid to farmers during crop failure by heavy rain, drought, and unseasonal rain.
According to this program, a farmer receives compensation of Rs 20,000 per hectare for crop damage of 33% to 60% and Rs 25000 per hectare for crop damage of more than 60%.
Farmers can only avail of benefits under this scheme is up to 4 hectares of land.
|Krushi Sahay Yojana | Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana
|Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana (MKSY)
|Government of Gujarat in 2020
|To provide financial assistance to farmers during crop failure in case of drought, heavy rain, and unseasonal rain.
|Approx 56 Lakhs Farmers of Gujarat
|Krushi Sahay Package/Benefits
|Maximum Benefits can be Availed by a Farmer
|Up to 4 Hectares of Land
|Farmers can availed benefits only in case if their crop is damaged by the following three reasons:-
Krushi Sahay Yojana – Benefits
Krushi Sahay Yojana or Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana provides many benefits to the farmers of Gujarat. Here is the list of top benefits provided by the scheme.
- Financial Assistance: Under the Gujarat Krushi Sahay Yojana, farmers are provided with financial assistance in the event of crop loss due to Drought, Heavy rain, or Unseasonal rain in the Kharif season.
- Recovery Booster: The assistance of Rs.20,000 per hectare is meant to support farmers in their recovery efforts and prevent them from falling into debt traps.
- Crop Insurance at Zero Cost: Farmers don’t have to pay a premium to get their crops insured.
- Agricultural Land Covered: A farmer can get benefits of up to 4 hectares of land under this scheme.
- Financial Aid: In case, the farmer’s crop is damaged by 33% to 60%, then a compensation of Rs.20,000 is paid per hectare up to the 4 hectares of land.
- Financial Aid: In case, the farmer’s crop is damaged above 60%, then a compensation of Rs.25,000 is paid per hectare up to the 4 hectares of land.
- Population Covered: Approx 56 lakh farmers of Gujarat are covered by the Krushi Sahay Yojana.
Krushi Sahay Yojana – Eligibility
We have identified separate eligibility criteria for farmers, their crops, and rain. Just have a look below.
Eligibility Criteria for Farmers
To benefit from the Gujarat Krushi Sahay Yojana, farmers must meet certain eligibility criteria set by the government. These criteria may include:
- Citizenship: Only Indian farmers residing in Gujarat are eligible for the scheme.
- Land Ownership: The applicant must be a landowner engaged in agricultural activities.
- Bank Account: The farmer must have a functional bank account to receive financial assistance directly.
- Crop Loss: If a farmer loses at least 33% of their harvest because of severe rain, a drought, or seasonal rain during the Kharif season.
- Beneficiaries: All 8A holders farmers registered in revenue records across Gujarat and tribal farmers registered under the Forest Rights Act will be able to avail the benefits of this scheme.
- Verified Land: The land should be surveyed by the revenue department of Gujarat.
Eligibility Criteria for Crop & Land
If farmers’ crop and their land meet the below eligibility criteria, then they are eligible for the Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana.
- If a farmer suffers a crop loss of a minimum of 30% of agricultural land.
- If crop damage happened in the Kharif season.
- The benefits can be taken only for up to 4 hectares of land.
Eligibility Criteria for Rain & Drought
If farmers suffer crop loss due to heavy rain, drought, and unseasonal rain, then they should be eligible to receive benefits under the Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana.
Here we have explained the definition of Heavy Rain, Drought, and Unseasonal Rain according to the letter of the Gujarat Government.
- Heavy Rain: When a district gets more than 35 inches of rain in a row or 24 hours of continuous rain.
But If there is heavy damage to the crop when it rains 25 inches or more, then it will also be counted as damage caused by heavy rains.
- Drought: When a district gets less than 10 inches of rain OR Rain doesn’t occur for continuously 4 weeks from the start of Mansoon to 15 August.
- Unseasonal Rain: When the district has seen more than 5 mm of rain for 48 hours straight between October 15 and November 15, the condition of unseasonal rainfall will be taken into consideration.
Creating the Beneficiary List
If you meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, then you should know how you would be included in the Beneficiary list.
So, the process for creating the beneficiary list has been described below.
Step 1: First of all, The District Commissioner (DC) will identify the village which suffered the loss during the drought or heavy rain, or unseasonal monsoon.
After identifying and preparing the list, DC will send it to the Revenue Department within 7 Days.
Step 2: Within 15 days of receiving the list, the Revenue Department will set up a survey team to conduct an investigation into the crop losses suffered by the farmers.
Step 3: After the successful investigation, the beneficiary list would be made public. There are two categories of beneficiaries on the list. One has a crop loss of between 33% and 60%, while the other has a crop loss of over 60%.
Relief Disbursement Procedure
If you are on the beneficiary list, then the money will be transferred to your bank account through DBT within a certain period of time.
The process of receiving financial assistance under the Krushi Sahay Yojana is safe and secure.
Documents required for Krushi Sahay Yojana
The following documents are required for the Mukhyamantri Krishi Sahay Yojana (MKSY).
- Aadhar Card
- Copy of Land Records
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
- Resident Certificate
- Crop loss certificate issued by the Government officials
How to Apply for Krushi Sahay Yojana
If you are a farmer in Gujarat and want to apply for this scheme. We are sorry, but there is currently no online application procedure for this scheme. When it becomes available, we’ll let you know by providing an update here.
For this project, the government is developing an online site to receive online applications, handle fund distribution, grievances, etc. When the online portal starts, you can apply for this scheme online.
Customer Care Number
If you have any queries related to this scheme, you can contact the customer care executive assigned to this scheme.
- Helpline Number: 079-23250802
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Address: Block No. 5
Challenges and Future Prospects
While the Gujarat Krushi Sahay Yojana has been successful in its mission to empower farmers, some challenges persist. These challenges include:
Awareness and Reach: Ensuring that all eligible farmers are aware of the scheme and have access to apply for it remains a challenge, especially in remote rural areas.
Timely Disbursement: The timely disbursement of financial assistance and insurance claims is crucial to effectively support farmers during critical times.
Climate Change: With climate change posing a significant threat to agriculture, the scheme may need to adapt to address the changing dynamics and mitigate related risks.
The Gujarat Krushi Sahay Yojana has emerged as a commendable effort by the government of Gujarat to uplift the agricultural community and foster sustainable farming practices.
By providing financial aid, crop insurance, and promoting crop diversification, the scheme has played a crucial role in securing the future of farmers and their families.
However, continuous efforts are required to address the challenges and further improve the reach and impact of the scheme.
With sustained commitment and effective implementation, the Gujarat Krushi Sahay Yojana can continue to be a catalyst for positive change in the lives of farmers and the agricultural sector as a whole.
Q: What is Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana?
Ans: Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Scheme provides financial assistance to the farmers of Gujarat in case they lose their crops in the Kharif season due to heavy rain, drought, and unseasonal rain.
Q: When was Mukhyamantri Krishi Sahay Yojana (MKSY) or Krushi Sahay Yojana started?
Ans: This scheme was started by Vijay Rupani erstwhile CM of Gujarat in the year 2020. The below tweet is dated August 10, 2020.
CM Shri @vijayrupanibjp launches ‘Mukyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana’ to provide premium-free cover to all the 56 lakh farmers of the state against crop loss as a consequence of drought, excessive rain or unseasonal rain this kharif season. pic.twitter.com/vY6rqSZV4W
— CMO Gujarat (@CMOGuj) August 10, 2020
Q: What is the maximum financial assistance under this scheme?
Ans: A farmer can receive maximum financial assistance of Rs.1 lakh under this scheme.
Q: How much financial assistance is given under Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Scheme?
Ans: Farmers who lost between 33% and 60% of their crop are offered financial assistance of Rs. 20,000 per hectare for up to 4 hectares of land.
But if a farmer reports crop loss of more than 60% then he will be eligible for a financial aid of Rs. 25,000 per hectare for up to 4 hectares of land.
Q: Who can apply for Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana?
Ans: A farmer who has a valid Gujarat resident certificate and has a minimum 33% crop loss can apply for this scheme.
Q: Can Farmers apply for this scheme if they have not suffered crop loss due to natural calamities?
Ans: No, they can’t.
Q: What is the maximum amount of financial assistance that a farmer can receive under this scheme?
Ans: The maximum amount of financial assistance is Rs.25,000 per hectare up to four hectares of land.
|Ayushman Bharat Yojana
|Benefits of Ayushman Card
|Ayushman Card Eligibility Check
|Download SBI ATM Form